OHT and Subsea 7’s Renewables business unit to be combined
Oslo – 8 July 2021 – OHT ASA (Oslo Børs: OHT) today announced an agreement to combine with Subsea 7 S.A. (Oslo Børs: SUBC, ADR: SUBCY) Renewables business unit(1), subject to customary approvals, conditions and relevant employee consultations. The combined company will be renamed Seaway 7 ASA and will initially retain OHT’s listing on Oslo’s Euronext Growth market, with a view to a future listing on the main board of Oslo Børs.
The transaction will create:
- A listed, pure-play renewables company, headquartered in Oslo and focused on offshore fixed wind
- A single supplier providing an enhanced range of standalone, integrated or EPCI(2) offerings encompassing installation of wind turbines, foundations, offshore substations, submarine cables and heavy transport
- A key player in the industry, employing around 600 people, with an active fleet of ten vessels and two further high-specification vessels under construction
- A global organisation with a track record of more than ten years and relationships with the majority of developers in the sector
- A high-end, differentiated fleet with enabling capabilities and scale, allowing efficient worldwide operations, while providing vessel flexibility and optionality to clients
- Increased exposure to the high-growth offshore wind market, with the timely and cost-efficient addition of two best-in-class foundation and turbine installation vessels in 2022 and 2023
Torgeir E. Ramstad, Chief Executive Officer, OHT said: “This is a very significant event in the growing Renewables industry. Subsea 7 is a highly respected company and we are delighted that it sees OHT as a natural partner in creating a new global leader in renewables. We are committed to translating the leading capabilities that the combined company will offer into benefits for clients within the offshore fixed wind industry.”
John Evans, Chief Executive Officer, Subsea 7 said: “This transaction represents an important next step in Subsea 7’s Energy Transition journey that will accelerate and enhance value creation for our shareholders. As a listed company with a comprehensive fleet and experienced management team, Seaway 7 ASA is positioned to forge an enhanced growth trajectory as a global leader in offshore wind. Subsea 7 looks forward to working closely with Seaway 7 as it launches this next exciting chapter in its evolution.”
The management of Subsea 7 and OHT will hold an investor conference in relation to the transaction on Thursday 8 July at 10am CEST.
A live webcast and a playback facility will be available on the Subsea 7 website.
Dial in numbers:
International dial in: +44-20-7192-8338
Conference ID: 9197607
Lines will open 15 minutes prior to the conference call.
For questions regarding Investor Relations, please send an email to: