Vacancy for position of Chartering Manager
OHT is looking for a Chartering Manager to join the company.
Employer: OHT Management AS
Title: Chartering Manager
Place: Vika, Oslo
Start date: As soon as possible
Offshore Heavy Transport is a medium sized organisation where every employee is involved in many elements of the transports. Each Chartering Manager follows the project throughout the entire process from inquiry to customer feedback after project execution.
We work in an international environment and therefore a fair amount of traveling can be expected in this position, meeting clients and marketing our services. We offer an exiting job in a highly specialized business where no project is the same. We have attractive terms of employment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify and fix cargoes
- Marketing and sales of our services
- Prepare freight calculations and quotations
- Establish and expand client relationships
- Manage transportation contracts
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in a Technical or Business subject.
- The ideal candidate has at least four years experience working in a commercial/ contracts environment and has a strong interest in and affinity with heavy transport.
- Experience with marine operations and shipping is a plus.
- Good communication, verbal and written, in English and Norwegian.
- Experience with intercultural communication as can be expected in a highly international business
- Use of MS Office, BIMCO
We are looking for a person who is:
- Pro-active and has a can-do attitude with a problem-solving mentality
- Keen to take ownership of tasks given
- Curious and eager to learn new skills and competencies
- Sharing within a global team setting and a good communicator
- Able to work with a high level of independence
- Structured following work processes
- Able to convert theory to practical solutions
If you feel motivated to apply, we encourage you to let us know about yourself and your ambitions by dropping us a note on Jobs@oht.no.
OHT is a specialized heavy transport and installation contractor, building on Norway’s long and proud heritage in maritime pioneering. Since the company was founded in 2006, we have successfully executed complex projects on behalf of our customers. We serve clients from a wide range of industries including Oil & Gas, Offshore Wind and Marine Infrastructure. Handling oversized and challenging cargoes is our trademark, and we are proud of having transported well over a hundred jack-up drilling rigs for the majority of rig-owners in the world.
In Q1 2021, OHT will increase the capabilities and become a full transport & installation (T&I) contractor with addition of a new heavy lift crane installation vessel to our fleet. The innovative Alfa Lift project is a response to the increasing demand for efficient transportation and installation solutions within the offshore wind market.